Friday 29 April 2016

Monster

 
A beautiful girl with curious eyes
A hidden world of pain and lies,
A mask of fake smiles and "I'm fine"s
She lost herself in her own mind.

Her heart may be heavy, but she is not weak
For she battles a monster that no one can see.
Tired and lonely, filled with dismay
Her mind's always racing, she can't get away.

"Sometimes I wonder how my life would be, if who I was wasn't me?"
She thinks she's invisible, that the world would agree,
Without this darkness, she could be free.

Held together with tape and with glue
Happiness was always just out of view
She knows she needs help, motivation ran dry
It's time for the monster inside her to die.
Doubts are fading, this war has been won
Blue skies ahead, here comes the sun.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest of souls,
Survived the sadness, achieved their goals.
The most massive characters are seared with scars,
But you need a little darkness to see the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment