Sunday 15 May 2016

Tysen's Mission To A Million

Tonight I met a true inspiration. The definition of a hero. This boy is 15 years old and plays hockey on the same team as my brother and his name is Tysen. This whole team consists of kids with special needs. This particular boy went on a make-a-wish trip and met Adam Sandler as his wish. Because he had such an amazing time he wanted to make sure that other kids had the same opportunity to get their wishes like he did. He set a goal, he made a plan and he set it in motion.

This was two and a half years ago and he has since raised $500,000 for the Make A Wish Foundation. In 913 days he managed to raise half a million dollars! This means he has already granted 45 kids wishes!  I was sitting there listen to him and his parents talk and was truly amazed by the dedication and kindness that this young boy must have. His goal is to reach 1 million dollars and I have no doubt in my mind that he will get there. I am beyond humbled by his generosity and perseverance.

Go to his website and see for yourself! http://missiontoamillion.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment